Monday, February 6, 2012

Post 1 Response

1. The book I enjoyed the most was The Stranger. Not only is it french (j'adore le francais) but I like that it not bleeding with symbolism or meaning the first time through- I can read it for the sake of reading. But when one does dive deeper and looks at what it possibly means, it is not only challenging but quite interesting with the analysis one can find within the book itself.
2. I have to choose between my two least favorites?? To be honest, I am pretty sure I detest Their Eyes Were Watching God and The Handmaid's Tale equally, but I guess I will choose Their Eyes Were Watching God for now. Not only is this novel incredibly bland and I HATE the plot, but I am pretty sure a lot of analysis on the book will come from a feminist perspective, whereas I'd honestly like to see more of an analysis on Janie's 3 husbands.
3. The Handmaid's Tale obviously has themes of feminism, but as a Christ follower myself (if I were to write a more theological than literary essay) I would prefer to write and essay about how legalistic views destroy the meaning of God's original plan for humanity.

That's about it. By the way- if anyone could help me set up the About Me section, there may just be a delicious chocolate chip cookie in your future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment